How to Setup VPN on PowerPC Mac
This article will walk you through the process of how to setup a VPN on a PowerPC Mac running OSX Snow Leopard or older.
- Click the Apple Logo in the upper left of your Macs menu bar and go System Preferences -> Network
- Click + on the bottom left and enter the following Interface : VPN VPN Type : IKEv2 Service Name : MacSentry
- Click "Create"
- In the new window enter the following :
Server Address : (the VPN server you wish to connect to eg: ams01.macsentry.com)
Remote ID : macsentry.com
Local ID : local
- Click Authentication Settings. Make sure "Authentication Settings" is set to Username and enter your username and password.
- Click OK
- On the bottom check the box "Show VPN status in menu bar"
- Click Apply. Then click Connect.
On the top right of your Macs menu bar you will notice a new icon, use that new icon to connect / disconnect from the VPN.
« Back to Setup Guide